« PreviousContinue »
Amos 9:11-15, especially verse 15.7
3:4-5. Isa. 2:2-5.
(7) Amos 9:11. In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
12. That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.
13. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.
14. And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the
wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall до more be pulled up out of
their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.
(8) Isa. 27:12. And it shal' come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by ne, 0 ye children of Israel.
13. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land on Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the Lord in the holy mount at Jerusalem.
(9) Jer. 16:14. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
15. But, the Lord liveth that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
Jer. 23:3-8, especially verses 3, 4, 6.
20:36-44, especially verses 40, 41, 42, 43, 44.10
39:23-29, especially verses 25, 26, 27, 29.
7:8-20, especially verses 12, 19, 20.11
16. Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish 'them; and after will I send for many bunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every bill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
(10) Ezek. 20:40. For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord God, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first-fruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. 41. I will accept you
with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen.
42. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.
43. And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled ; and ye shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have com. mitted.
44. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to
your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord God.
(11) Mich. 7:18. Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
19. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
20. Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the day.
Zeph. 3:8-20, especially verses 11, 13, 19, X 12
3:1-10, especially verse 9.
14:1-21, especially verses 11, 16, 20, A.
21:24, especially UNTIL. "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles UNTITY the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."
Rom. 11:17-28, especially verses 17, 20, 23 to 28.16
(12) Zeph. 3:19. Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee; and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
20. At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord.
(13) Zech. 10:6. And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them: for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off : for I am the Lord their God, and will hear them.
7. And they of Ephraim 'shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the Lord.
8. I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.
9. And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries ; and they shall live with their children, and turn again.
10. I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria : and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon ; and place shall not be found for them.
(14) Mal. 3:11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the
fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.
(15) Rom. 11:11. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall ? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13. For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch
I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
19. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be gratfed in.
20. Well; because oí unbeliet they were broken off, und tihov
Acts 15:13-16,-very important, as it is the apostle's Burnmary of the prophets.16 Psa 51:18; 102:16.
And now, reader, if you have faithfully studied these passages, or if you have even read them, do you wonder that the great mass of Jews, at the present time, have an abiding faith that they are to be returned to Canaan?
All the orthodox Jews tenaciously cling to this hope; and shall we, who have accepted so much greater light, refuse this overwhelming testimony of the Word! God forbid.
It may be that you say, “These prophesies were fulfilled in the return from Babylon.” Not so, that was the FIRST TIME. But there is to be
A Second Restoration.
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set His hand AGAIN the SECOND TIME to recover the remnant of His people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. Isa. 11:11.
In the first restoration only those who were MINDED came back from Babylon (Ezra 7:13), while many remained both
standest by faith. Be not high-
21. For if God spared not the
25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26. And so all Israel shall be saved :
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
(16) Acts 15:13, And after
they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men
and brethren, hearken unto me:
14. Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16. After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up;
17. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
there, and in Egypt and elsewhere. But in the future, or second restoration, not one will be left.
"If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will He fetch thee." Deut. 30:4.
“Fear not; for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, give up; and to the south, keep not back; bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; EVEN EVERY ONE that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.” Isa. 43:5-7.
"For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy. and dark day; and I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel.” Ezek. 34:11-13.
"Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity,' among the heathen; but I have gathered them unto their own land, and HAVE LEFT NONE OF THEM ANY MORE THERE.' Ezek. 39:28-29.
In the first restoration it was only Jews who returned. In the second, or future restoration, it will be both Judah (the two tribes) and Israel (the ten tribes).*
"In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.” Jer. 3:18.
“And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, EVEN ALL OF IT, and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded." Ezek. 36:10.
Ezekiel was directed to take two sticks, representing Judah and Joseph, which should be joined and become one stick in his hand, and when the people enquired what it meant, he was directed to say unto them:
"Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: and I will make them ONE NATION in
*Except in this place, we use the word Israel in its broader sense, meaning the whole twelve tribes.