« PreviousContinue »
Reader, do you know that Jesus is coming again?
He said, “I will come again” (John 14:3) and His word endureth forever, for He is the truth.2
The angels said He would come again. “The same Jesus," "and in like manner,
,"3 and they were not mistaken when they announced His first coming. 4
The Holy Spirit, by the mouth of the apostles, hath repeatedly said He would come again. Is not such an event, stated upon such authority, of vital importance to us?
(1) 1 Pet. 1:25. But the her, Fear not, Mary: for thou word of the Lord endureth for hast found favour with God." ever. And this is the word 31. And, behold, thou shalt which by the gospel is preached conceive in thy
womb, and unto you.
bring forth a son, and shalt call (2) John 14:6. Jesus saith his name JESUS. unto him, I am the way, the 32. He shall be great, and truth, and the life : no man shall be called the Son of the cometh unto the Father, but by Most High; and the Lord God me.
shall give unto him the throne (3) Acts 1:11. Which also of his father David. said, Yemen of Galilee, why 33. And he shall reign over stand ye gazing up into heaven ? the house of Jacob for ever and this same Jesus, which is taken of his kingdom there shall be up from you into heaven, shall no end. so come in like manner as ye See also Lu. 2:8-18. have seen him go into heaven. (5) 1 Thes. 4:16. For the
(4) Lu. 1:26. And in the Lord himself shall descend from sixth month the angel Gabriel heaven with a shout, with the was sent from God unto a city voice of the archangel, and with of Galilee, named Nazareth, the trump of. God: and the dead
27. To a virgin espoused to in Christ shall rise first : a man whose name was Joseph, Heb. 9:28. So Christ was of the house of David; and the once offered to bear the sins of virgin's name was Mary.
many; and unto them that look 28. And the angel came in for him shall he
the unto her, and said, Hail thou second time without sin unto that art highly favoured, the salvation. Lord is with thee: blessed art Heb. 10:37. For yet a little thou among women.
while, and he that shall come 30. And the angel said unto will come, and will not tarry.
At His first coming, the world rejected Him. He was the despised Nazarene. But when He comes again, He will appear as "the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords."
He is coming to sit upon the throne of His glory, and to be admired in all them that believed, and to rule, in judgment and equity, all the nations of the earth.'
How glorious it will be to see the King in His beauty.10
"I Don't Care Anything About It.” Then, dear friend, we point you to the crucified Savior as the only hope of salvation.
We beg of you to “kiss the Son," lest ye perish from the way. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.11 What shall it profit you if you gain the whole world and
(6) 1 Tim. 6:13. I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ
14. That thou keep this commandment without spot,
unrebukeable, until the
appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ : 15. Which in his times
he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.
(7) Mat. 25:31. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall be sit upon the throne of his glory.
2 Thes. 1:10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. (9) Psa. 2:9.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Isa. 9:6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given : and
the government shall upon
shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father, The
7. Or the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
Rev. 2:25. But that which yo have already, hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations :
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers : even as I received of my Father. (10) Isa. 33:17.'
Thine eyes shall see the King in his beauty; they shall behold the land that is very far off. (11) Psa. 2:12.
the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
lose your own soul 912 He is coming, and we know neither the day, nor the hour, when He may come.13 What if He should come now? Would you be found of Him in peace, or would you be left behind to endure the terrible things which shall come upon the world,15 while the church is with Christ in the air,16 and be made at His appearing17 to mourn18 and pray to the mountains and rocks to hide you from His face 919
“Prepare to meet thy God," was the solemn injunction to Israel (Amos 4:12), and every one of us, both Jew and Gentile, must meet Him, either in grace or in judgment.
We, then, as ambassadors for Christ, beseech you: be ye
(12) Mat. 16:26. For what is a
man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
(13) Mat. 25:13. Watch therefore ; for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
(14) 2 Pet. 3:14. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
(15) Luke 21:25. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars ; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth : for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (16) Luke 21:36.
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thes. 4:17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(17) 2 Thes. 1:7. And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ :
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
(18) Mat. 24:30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son or man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of
man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(19) Rev. 6:16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.