« PreviousContinue »
Zeph. 3:8-20, especially verses 11, 13, 19, 20.12
8:1-23, especially verses 4, 5, 8, 12, 16, 17, 20 to 23.
Mat. 23:37-39, especially in verse 39, TILL.
"21:24, especially UNTIL. "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles Until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." Rom. 11:17-28, especially verses 17, 20, 23 to 28.16
(12) Zeph. 3:19. Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee; and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
20. At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord.
(13) Zech. 10:6. And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them: for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the Lord their God, and will hear them.
7. And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the Lord.
8. I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.
9. And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries; and they shall live with their children, and turn again.
10. I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; and place shall not be found for them.
(14) Mai. 3:11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground: neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.
(15) Rom. 11:11. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13. For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
19. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken oft, that I might be grafted in.
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou
Acts 15:13-16,—very important, as it is the apostle's summary of the prophets." Psa. 51:18; 102:16.
And now, reader, if you have faithfully studied these passages, or if you have even read them, do you wonder that the great mass of Jews, at the present time, have an abiding faith that they are to be returned to Canaan?
All the orthodox Jews tenaciously cling to this hope; and shall we, who have accepted so much greater light, refuse this overwhelming testimony of the Word? God forbid.
It may be that you say, "These prophesies were fulfilled in the return from Babylon." Not so, that was the First Time. But there is to be
A Second Restoration.
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set His hand Again the Second Time to recover the remnant of His people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea." Isa. 11:11.
In the first restoration only those who were Minded came back from Babylon (Ezra 7:13), while many remained both
standest by faith. Be not highminded, but tear:
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
28. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
(16) Acts 15:18. And after
they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14. Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as lt is written,
16. After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up;
17. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all thep'e fhralg's.
there, and in Egypt and elsewhere. But in the future, or second restoration, not one will be left.
"If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will He fetch thee." Deut. 30:4.
"Fear not; for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, give up; and to the south, keep not back; bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even Every One that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isa. 43:5-7.
"For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day; and I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel." Ezek. 34:11-13.
"Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity, among the heathen; but I have gathered them unto their own land,
and HAVE LEFT NONE OF THEM ANY MORE THERE." Ezek. 39:28-29.
In the first restoration it was only Jews who returned. In the second, or future restoration, it will be both Judah (the two tribes) and Israel (the ten tribes).*
"In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers." Jer. 3:18.
"And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, Even All Of It, and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded." Ezek. 36:10.
Ezekiel was directed to take two sticks, representing Judah and Joseph, which should be joined and become one stick in his hand, and when the people enquired what it meant, he was directed to say unto them:
"Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: and I will make them One Nation in
*Except in this place, we use the word Israel in its broader sense, meaning the whole twelve tribes.
the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them All; and they shall be No More two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all." Ezek. 37:15-22.
At the first restoration they returned to be overthrown and driven out again. But in the second, they shall return to remain, no more to go out. They shall be exalted and dwell safely, and the Gentile nations shall flow unto them.
"I will plant them upon their land, and they Shall No More Be Pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord their God." Amos 9:15.
"And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beasts of the land devour them: but they shall Dwell Safely, and none shall make them afraid." Ezek. 34:28.
"And I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings:—yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel;—and thou
Shalt NO MORE HENCEFORTH BEREAVE THEM OF MEN." Ezek.
"Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shall suck the breast of kings; and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob." Isa, 60:15-16.
All Nations Shall Flow Unto Israel.
"As I Live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.. . . I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders, and kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers; they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet." Isa. 49:18, 22, 23.
"But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow into it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem." Mic. 4:1-2.
"Thus saith the Lord of hosts; it shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the Inhabitants of many cities. And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will also go. Yea, Many People and Strong Nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you." Zech. 8:20-23.
"And it shall come to pass, That Every One That Is Left Of ALL THE Nations which came against Jerusalem, shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles." Zech. 14:16.
In the first Restoration, because of their blindness, and hard, stony hearts, they rejected and killed Jesus. But in the future Restoration they shall Repent of all this, and have Clean Hearts, and Accept Of Christ, who will be their King.
Look Upon Me.
"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me whom they have
PIERCED, AND THEY SHALL MOURN FOR HIM, AS ONE MOtJRNETH FOR HIS ONLY SON, AND SHALL BE IN BITTERNESS FOR HIM, AS ONE THAT IS IN BITTERNESS FOR HIS FIRST-BORN.
In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; all the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart." Zech. 12:10-14.
"They shall come with weeping and with supplications will I lead them; I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my first-born. Hear the word of the Lord, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; after those-days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their Inward Parts, And Write It In Their Hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jer. 31:9, 10, 83.