« PreviousContinue »
Sesus te Coming,
Reader, do you know that Jesus is coming again?
He said, "I will come again" (John 14:3) and His word endureth forever,1 for He is the truth.2
The angels said He would come again. "The same Jesus," "and in like manner,"3 and they were not mistaken when they announced His first coming.4
The Holy Spirit, by the mouth of the apostles, hath repeatedly said He would come again.5 Is not such an event, stated upon such authority, of vital importance to us?
(1) 1 Pet. 1:25. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And - this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
(2) John 14:6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
(3) Acts 1:11. Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
(4) Lu. 1:26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
30. And the angel said unto
her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David.
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
See also Lu. 2 :8-18.
(5) 1 Thes. 4:16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Heb. 9:28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Heb. 10:37. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
At His first coming, the world rejected Him. He was the despised Nazarene. But when He comes again, He will appear as "the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.'"
He is coming to sit upon the throne of His glory,7 and to be admired in all them that believed,8 and to rule, in judgment and equity, all the nations of the earth.8
How glorious it will be to see the King in His beauty.10
Perhaps you are not a Christian, and say—
"I Don't Care Anything About It."
Then, dear friend, we point you to the crucified Savior as the only hope of salvation.
We beg of you to "kiss the Son," lest ye perish from the way. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.11 What shall it profit you if you gain the whole world and
(6) 1 Tim. 6 :13. I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ
14. That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15. Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.
(7) Mat. 25:31. When the Bon of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory.
(8) 2 Thes. 1:10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
(9) Psa. 2:9. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Isa. 9 :6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father, The
7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
Rev. 2:25. But that which ye have already, hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
(10) Isa. 33:17. Thine eyes shall see the King in his beauty; they shall behold .the land that is very far off.
(11) Psa. 2:12. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
lose your own soul?12 He is coming, and we know neither the day, nor the hour, when He may come.13 What if He should come now? Would you be found of Him in peace,14 or would you be left behind to endure the terrible things which shall come upon the world,15 while the church is with Christ in the air,18 and be made at His appearing17 to mourn18 and pray to the mountains and rocks to hide you from His face?19
"Prepare to meet thy God," was the solemn injunction to Israel (Amos 4:12), and every one of us, both Jew and Gentile, must meet Him, either in grace or in judgment.
We, then, as ambassadors for Christ, beseech you: be ye reconciled to God,20 now, in the accepted time, in the day of salvation.21 Do let us entreat you to repent and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,22 and that you may turn "to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from Heaven,"23 and be unblamable at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.24
(12) Mat. 16:26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
(13) Mat. 25:13. Watch therefore; for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
(14) 2 Pet. 3:14. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
(15) Luke 21:25. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
(16) Luke 21:36. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thes. 4 :17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(17) 2 Thes. 1:7. And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his' mighty angels,
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
(18) Mat. 24:30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(19) Rev. 6:16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
But if you are a Christian, then we point you to His coming again, as
The True Incentive to a Holy Life.25
Jesus is coming, therefore mortify your members which are upon the earth, that you may appear with Him in glory.26
(20) 2 Cor. 5:20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
(21) 2 Cor. 6:2. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Luke 14:31. Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32. Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33. So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
(22) Acts 10:42. And he commandeth us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43. To him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission ot sins.
Acts 17 :30. And the times of this ignorance God winked M; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31. Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
(23) 1 Thes. 1:9. For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols' to serve the living and true God;
10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
(24) 1 Thes. 3:13. To the end he may establish your hearts unblamable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
(25) 1 John 3:2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3. And every man that hath this hope in him purifleth himself, even as he is pure,
Strive and pray for purity of heart, that you may "be like Him and see Him as He is."27 Search the Word, that you may be sanctified and cleansed thereby,28 and that your whole spirit, and soul, and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.29 But possibly you say, with contempt,
"Oh, That's Second Adventism."
Beloved, have you considered that Moses,'0 David,31 Isaiah,32 Jeremiah,33 Daniel,3* Zecariah,30 all the prophets
(26) Col. 3:4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
(27) Mat. 5:8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
1 John 3:2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
(28) Eph. 5:26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
(29) 1 Thes. 5:23. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(30) Deut. 33 :2. And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from Mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his
right hand went a fiery law for them.
(31) Psa. 102:16. When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
(32) Isa. 59:20. And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
Isa. 60:1. Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
(33) Jer. 23:5. Behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
(34) Dan. 7 :13. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
(35) Zech. 14:4. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east; and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and