« PreviousContinue »
3 כבוד 847 יהוה 154 הדר 858 אלהינו: 863 חזקו 864 ידים 552 4 רפות 865 וברכים 866 כשלות 867 אמצו: 868 אמרו 869
לנמהרי 870 לב 871 חזקו 872 אל 47 תיראו 873 הנה 133 אלהיכם 863 נקם874 יבוא 875 גמול 876 אלהים הוא 192 5 יבוא 875 וישעכס: 877 אז 878 תפקחנה 879 עיני 267
עורים 880 ואזני 881 חרשים 882 תפתחנה: 883 אז 878
.25 ,24 Rule .אלהים in construction for אלהי
.our God אלהינו .863 כם a pronominal suffix
, plur . 1st pers . Rule 35. So it is used with נו
strengthen ge . It is the 2d pers . masc . plur . imperat . Kal חזקו .864
יפה feeble , an adjective from רפה sweak
. It is the plur . of רפות .865
I וברכים .the knees ברכים
.the knee plur to totter . Hence the adjective , or rather כשל
.tottering כשלות .867 .כשלות .plur כשלה ,78 by rule ו and rejecting ,כושלה ,part
. . , . ) a , . . your. Vide rule 37.
. . . . . of pin to make strong.
weak. . , to relax: How put with big vide rule 114. It is probable that the fem. is here twice joined with masculines to express more effectively the diminution of strength, as a masculine adjective is used with a fem. noun to augment the force of the former. Vide p. 23, 24, n. 866. D'3731 and the knees. I and. 773 to kneel. Hence as a noun,
. . , . . , , 1 , . For the use of the fem. here, see num. 865.
868. 18px make strong. It is the second pers. plur. masc. imperat. Kal of yox to invigorate. 869. 170$ say ye. It is the 2d pers. masc.
. . Vide num. 19.
870. . . . Ben. Niphal, plur. in regim. of no to hasten.
. , , toss. 35 by 737 to speak comfortably." 871. pin be strong. It is the 2d pers. masc. plur. imperat. Kal of to be strong. It is used in the Niphal sense.
. . masc. . .
. , vide rule 89.
.is the particip נמהרי .175
to . Rule ל :to the hastened of לנמהרי .870
. to move , or לבב which is from ,לבן heart
.to fear ירא
3 Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. 4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompense; he will come and save you.
5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
874. opo taking vengeance. It is the participle Ben. Kal of ops to avenge. Vide rules 95 and 78. It is regularly Niphal, as the future in dus of the Latins, to be avenged.
875. N'or x' shall come. Rule 98. It is the 3d pers. masc. sing. fut. Kal of x] to come, or go.
876. 5122 recompensed. It may be the particip. Paoul masc. sing. Kal of Spa. See note on rule 71.
877. büyv'i and save you. I and, conjunct. d) you. Rule 37. you to save. It is the 3d pers. masc. sing. fut. Kal. Rule 90.
878. IX then. A particle. Also now, immediately. 18or 1x jp from that time.
879. oinpon shall be opened. It is the third pers. fem. plur. fut. Niphal of mpo to open. Vide num. 280.
880. O'lly blind. A noun plur. of y. When it agrees with D'I'Y not in regim. the sense is different; thus niti d'l'y is blind eyes.
881. '31X1 and the ears. 1 and. "378 is in regim. plur. of jis the ear, which signifies as a verb, to weigh. The old grammars make a dual of feminines by adding D', and 17 where it is final is changed into n. Natural pairs, though they have the plural in b', are generally feminine. There are so many exceptions to the rules for genders drawn from the termination, that a modern grammar makes nouns in D' plur. of the first, and in ne of the second declension. Nouns which denote females, also names of places, cities, countries, &c. and of natural pairs, as eyes, ears, &c. together with those which end in 17 or n are for the most part feminine, all others are generally of the masă
; ) women, ,
,concubimes פלגשים ,memמט נשים ,fathers אבות culine gender
882. D'VN the deaf. Plur. of vun deaf, a noun. As a verb to be deaf, or to devise secretly.
883. Jnnon shall be opened. It is the 3d pers. fem. plur. fut. Niphal of nnd to open, or loose.
ידלג 884' כאיל 406 פסח 885 ותרן 886 לשון 715
366 מיס 18 כי 25 נבקעו 888 במדבר אלם 887 כי 25 ז ונחליס 889 בערבה: 852 והיה 20 השרב 890 לאגם 891
וצמאון 892 למבועי 893 מים 18 בנוה 894 תנים 895 8 רבצה 896 חציר 897 לקנה 898 וגמא: 899 והיה 342 שם 100 מסלול 900 ודרך 548 * ודרך 548 הקדש 499 יקרא 243 to דלג shall leath
. It is the 3d pers . masc . Sing . fut . Kal of ידלג .884
lean. . . . lean, or bound.
. 885. Do the lame man. Also the passover, the paschal lamb, the paschal feast. As a verb, to pass or leap over.
-and shall move freely
, says Parkhurst , following the Sep ותרן 886 .and it is the 3d pers . fem ,ין tuagint and Vulgate
thus the root is to רנן from תרנן sing
if it be for though it occurs more than ifty ,רנן sing
, . . . , ,
, . , fifty times, does not in any instance, except this be one, drop its final f, unless a servile follow, and is therefore scarcely an exception from rule 105.
. . a sheaf, an arch, a band of men.
888. have been broken forth. It is the 3d pers. masc. plur. indic. Niphal of ypa to burst, or divide.
. 1 . . , ,
. , . right, who supposes it the same with yna to possess, but in a different
to comfire88 . Also a shegf , am אלם the dumb
. A noun from אלם .887
,a torrent , or valley נחל and stream8
. 1 and . Plur . of ונחלים .889
to [ iierce . Or perhaps Taylor is חל formative
. Rule 184 , and נ from
.occur's but in Isa שרב
.emphat ה .the liarched ground השרב ,890 ב ,.
. . . xlix. 10, besides this place; it comes probably from 970 to burn, 2 and 7 being both labials, and letters of the same organ are sometimes thus substituted.
. . o , , da a particle signifying abundance, moreover, also, even, repeated, as
formative , rule 147 , and א
.a iond אגם .for ל
.for a boot לאגם .891
, , גס
* One 7771 only is found in the Syriac, in sixteen of Kennicott's, and two of De Rossi's codices.
6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hare, and the tongue of the dumb sing; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
7 And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water; in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes. 8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called
to צמא is a noun from צמאון .and thirsty ground . land וצמאון .892
. a thirst, thirsty, thirst. Vide rule 186.
893. "yaph for springs. for. Rule 175. yan a fountain. Here it is plur. in regim. From you to gush. Rule 178, for formative.
894.77132 in the habitation of.a in. 7710 masc. a house, fold, stable, den. Asfa verb, to reside. Not changed in regimine. Rule 25.
895. D'in dragons. Plur. of in a serpent, a viper, from on to hiss.. d'un is also sing. from in and b' a sea-dragon.
896. 77337 the resting place of each. 17 is the pronominal suffix, and par a noun, according to our translation. The Vulgate has," In cubilibus, in quibus dracones habitabant, orietur viror calami et junci." The Septuagint, « Εκει ευφροσυνη ορχεων, επαυλος καλαμε και ελη.” « The reedy beds and the pools there will be the joy of birds.” (Mr. Thompson.) Dr. Lowth has,
« And in the haunt of dragons shall spring forth,
" The grass, with the reed and the bulrush." Dr. Kennicott's first codex had at first 0837, but the authority for any change of the letters or words is too weak.
I would propose only to join the 07 with the next word, and it will read thus, 07132 in the habitation of b'in serpents par hath lain (that is shall lie) T'Nn the grass 7up) instead of the cane XD21 and bulrush. For this sense of pan see Gen. xlix. 25, and Isa. liv. 11.
897. Ten grass. As a verb, to surround; also a court, which was surrounded by the house, and covered with grase.
898. naps for the cane." for. Rule 175. 73p reed, or cane, from 7197 to measure, the cane being used for this purpose.
899, xal and bulrush, 1 and. Noi the Egyptian reed, Job viii. 11. It grew in mud and water. Apa to absorb.
900. Soon a highway. A partícipial noun from 550 to raise very high. The root is 50 to raise un. Rules 159. 178.
לה 127 לא 159 יעברנו 901 טמא 902 והוא 192 למו 903 9 הלך 904 דרך 548 ואויליס 905 לא 159 יתעו: 906 לא 159
יהיה 342 שס 190 אריה 458 ופריץ 907 חיות 114 בל 908
יעלנה 909 לא 159 תמצא 910 שם 190 והלכו 375 10 גאליס: 911 ופדויי 912 יהוה 154 ישבון 913 ובאו 914
ציון 605 ברנה 915 ושמחת 916 עולס 917 על 13 ראשם 1
is the 3d יעבר .39
' pass over .
902. RDu the polluted. A noun masc. signifying an unclean or impure person, From 8pm to pollute.
. . טמא
טמא , ,them מו .175
.for those למו .903
though , \ is conjunctive , and , also , like ו
.though fools ואוילים ,905
. , c, thoše, a pronominal suffix. Rule 40.
904.757 walking, 7777'50 he that walketh the way. It is the participle Ben. Kal. Vide rule 78. num. 375.
. I . 1 , , ,
' . . m. . .
is אוילים .c.
:uanity און not , from אין to wear away . So בלה not
From בל .908 .to bring to nought לאה not
from לא and יעל .39
.shall ascend ution it יעלנה .909 -to a8 עלה Rule 102. It is the 3d pers
907. poi and the ravenous of. 1 and. qng a robber, an assailant, from po to break through. “ The tyrant of beasts.” Lowth.
. . , ; , .
. , . suff. .
. m. sing. . cend.