« PreviousContinue »
17. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of 19. Open to me the gates of righteousness : thanksgiving, and will call upon the name I will go into them, and I will praise the of the LORD.
LORD; 18. I will pay my vows unto the LORD 20. This gate of the LORD, into which now in the presence of all his people, the righteous shall enter.
19. In the courts of the Lord's house, 21. I will praise thee; for thou hast heard in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise me, and art become my salvation. ye the LORD.
22. The stone which the builders refused PSALM CXVII.
is become the head stone of the corner. An exhortation to praise God for his mercy and truth. 23. This is the Lord's doing; it is mar..
PRAISE the Lord, all ye nations: | vellous in our eyes. U praise him, all ye people.
24. This is the day which the LORD hath 2. For his merciful kindness is great made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. toward us: and the truth of the LORD en 25. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: dureth for ever Praise ye the LORD. OLord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity PSALM CXVIII.
26. Blessed be he that cometh in the The coming of Christ in his kingdom is expressed. name of the LORD: we have blessed you 1. O GIVE thanks unto the Lord; for || out of the house of the LORD.
he is good; because bis mercy en-|| 27. God is the LORD, which hath showed dureth for ever.
us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even 2. Let Israel now say, that his mercy unto the horns of the altar. endureth for ever.
28. Thou art my God, and I will praise 3. Let the house of Aaron now say, that thee; thou art my God, I will exalt thee. his mercy endureth for ever.
29. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he 4. Let them now that fear the LORD say, is good : for his mercy endureth for ever. that his mercy endureth for ever.
PSALM CXIX. 5. I called upon the Lord in distress: || This Psalm containelh sundry Prayers, praises, and pro the Lord answered me, and set me in a
fessions of obedience.
ALEPH. large place.
1. PLESSED are the undefiled in the 6. The Lord is on my side; I will not
way, who walk in the law of the fear: what can man do unto me?
Lord. 7. The LORD taketh my part with them || 2. Blessed are they that keep his testithat help me: therefore shall I see my desire || monies, and that seek him with the whole upon them that hate me.
heart. 8. It is better to trust in the LORD, than
LORD, than |3. They also do no iniquity: they walk in
3 They also do no ini to put confidence in man:
his ways. 9. It is better to trust in the LORD, than || 4. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy to put confidence in princes.
Il precepts diligently. io. All nations compassed me about: but |
5. O that my ways were directed to keep in the name of the Lord will I destroy them. I thử statutes!
11. They compassed me about; yea, they || 6. Then shall I not be ashamed, when I compassed me about: but in the name of
| have respect unto all thy commandments. the LORD I will destroy them.
7. I will praise thee with uprightness of 12. They compassed me about like bees; || they are quenched as the fire of thorns : ||
:|| teous judgments. for in the name of the LORD I will de
8. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me stroy them.
not utterly. 13. Thou hast thrust sore at me, that I
BETH, might fall: but the Lord helped me. 9. Wherewithalshall a young man cleanse
14. The Lord is my strength and song, | his way? By taking heed thereto according and is become my salvation.
to thy word. 15. The voice of rejoicing and salvation | 10. With my whole heart have I sought is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the thee: O let me not wander from thy comright hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. mandments.
916. The right hand of the Lord is exalted; | 11. Thy word have I hid in my heart, that the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. I might not sin against thee.
17. I shall not die, but live, and declare | 12. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me the works of the LORD.
thy statutes. 18. The LORD hath chastened me sore: || 13. With my lips have I declared all the but he hath not given me over unto death. I judgments of thy mouth.
the z. They conched as e Lord I will
14. I have rejoiced in the way of thy tes. |
41. Let thy mercies come also unto me, timonies, as much as in all riches. 15. I will meditate in thy precepts, and
bd || O LORD, even thy salvation, according to
thy word. have respect unto thy ways. 16. I will delight myself in thy statute:s: ||
42. So shall I have wherewith to anI will not forget thy word.
swer him that reproacheth ine: for I trust ĞIMEL.
in thy word. 17. Deal bountifully with thy servant, thai | 43. And take not the word of truth utterly. I may live, and keep thy word.
out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy 18. Open thou mine eyes, that I may be- || judgments. hold wondrous things out of thy law. 44. So shall I keep thy law continually * 19. I am a stranger in the earth; hide | for ever and ever. 'not thy commandments from me.
45. And I will walk at liberty: for I seek 20. My soul breaketh for the longing that thy precepts. it hath unto thy judgments at all times. | 46. I will speak of thy testimonies also
21. Thou hast rebuked the proud that before kings, and will not be ashamed. are cursed, which do err from thy command | 47. And I will delight myself in thy comments. b.
mandments, which I have loved. 11 22. Remove from me reproach and con- || 48. My hands also will I lift up unto thy tempt; for I have kept thy testimonies. commandments, which I have loved; and I
23. Princes also did sit and speak against will meditate in thy statutes. me: but thy servant did meditate in thy
49. Remember the word unto thy servant, 24. Thy testimonies also are my delight, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. and my counsellors.
*50. This is my comfort in my affliction: DALETH. ...
for thy word hath quickened me. 25. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: 1 51. The proud have had me greatly in dequicken thou me according to thy word. rision; yet have I not declined from thy law.
26. I have declared my ways, and thou 52. I remembered thy judgments of old, heardest me: teach me thy statutes.
O LORD; and have comforted myself. 27. Make me to understand the way of | 53. Horror hath taken hold upon me, bethy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous cause of the wicked that forsake thy law. works.
54. Thy statutes have been my songs in 28. My soulmelteth for heaviness: strength- | the house of my pilgrimage. en thou me according unto thy word.
55. I have remembered thy name, O 29. Remove from me the way of lying; | Lord, in the night, and have kept thy law. and grant me thy law graciously.
56. This I had, because I kept thy pre30. I have chosen the way of truth: thy | cepts. judgments have I laid before me.
31. I have stuck unto thy testimonies: 1 57. Thou art my portion, O LORD: 1 O LORD, put me not to shame,
have said that I would keep thy words. 32. I will run the way of thy command | 58. I entreated thy favour with my whole ments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. heart: be merciful unto me according to HE.
. 33. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy ||*59. I thought on my ways, and turned statutes, and I shall keep it unto the end. lliny feet unto thy testimonies.
34. Give me understanding, and I shall | 60. I made haste, and delayed not to. keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with || keep thy commandments. my whole heart.
61. The bands of the wicked have robbed 35. Make me to go in the path of thy | me: but I have not forgotten thy law. commandments; for therein do I delight. 62. At midnight I will rise to give thanks
36. Incline my heart unto thy testirhonies, | unto thee, because of thy righteous judg. and not to covetousness.
ments. 37. Turn away mine eyes from behold- || 63. I am a companion of all them that fear ing vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. | thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.
38. Establish thy word unto thy servant, | 64. The earth, O Lord, is full of thy who is devoted to thy fear.
mercy: teach me thy statutes. 39. Turn away my reproach which I fear:
TETH. for thy judgments are good.
65. Thou hast dealt well with thy, ser. 40. Behold, I have longed after thy pre- vant, O Lord, according unto thy word. cepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. 66. Teach me good judgment and know
thy precam thine, hast quick thy p
wedge: for 1 have believed thy command- 1 911. They continue this day according to ments.
thir e ordinances: for all are thy servants. . 67. Before I was afflicted I went astray; 2. Unless thy law had been my delights, I but now have I kept thy word.
should then have perished in mine affliction. 68. Thou art good, and doest good: 1 93. I will never forget thy precepts: for teach me thy statutes. .
with them thou hast quickened me. 69. The proud have forged a lie against 94. I am thine, save me: for I have sought me: but I will keep thy precepts with my thy precepts. .. whole heart.
95. The wicked have waited for me, to 70. Their heart is as fat as grease: but estroy me: but I will consider thy tesI delight in thy law.
i imonies. 71. It is good for me that I have been af-'96. I have seen an end of all perfection : flicted; that I might learn thy statutes. but thy commandment is exceeding broad. 72. The law of thy mouth is better unto
MEM. me than thousands of gold and silver.
97. O how love I thy law! it is my JOD.
meditation all the day. 73. Thy hands have made me, and fa- 98. Thou, through thy commandments, shioned me: give me understanding, that I hast made me wiser than mine enemies : may learn thy commandments.
. ll for they are ever with me. 74. They that fear thee will be glad when 99. I have more understanding than all they see me; because I have hoped in thy my teachers : for thy testimonies are my word.
meditation. 75. I know, O Lord, that thy judgments 100. l'understand more than the ancients; are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast because I keep thy precepts. afflicted me.
101. I have refrained my feet from every 76. Let, 1 pray thee, thy merciful kind- evil way, that I may keep thy word. ness be for my comfort, according to thy 102. I have not departed from thy judg word unto thy servant.
ments: for thou hast taught me. 77. Let thy tender mercies come unto me, 103. How sweet are thy words unto my that I may live: for thy law is my delight. taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
78. Let the proud be ashamed; for they 104. Through thy precepts I get underdealt perversely with me without a cause : standing: therefore I hate every false way. but I will meditate in thy precepts.
NUN. 79. Let those that fear thee turn unto me, 105. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and those that have known thy testimonies. I and a light unto my path. 80. Let my heart be sound in thy statutes,
1 106. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I be not ashamed.
that I will keep thy righteous judgments. CAPH.
107. I am afflicted very much: quicken 81. My soul fainteth for thy salvation; me, O LORD, according unto thy word. but I hope in thy word.
108. Accept, I beseech thee, the free-will82. Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach When wilt thou comfort me?
me thy judgments. 83. For I am become like a bottle in the 109. My soul is continually in my hand : smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes. yet do I not forget thy law.
84. How many are the days of thy ser- 110. The wicked have laid a snare for vant ? when wilt thou execute judgment on me : yet I erred not from thy precepts. them that persecute me?
111. Thy testimonies have I taken as a 85. The proud have digged pits for me, heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing which are not after thy law.
of my heart. 86. All thy commandments are faithful: | 112. I have inclined my heart to perform they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. | thy statutes always, even unto the end. 87. They had almost consumed me upon
SAMECH. earth: but I forsook not thy precepts.
113. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law 88. Quicken me after thy loving-kindness: | do I love. so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth...
th) 114. Thou art my hiding-place and my LAMED.
|| shield: I hope in thy word. 89. For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled 115. Depart from me, ye evil-doers: for in heaven.
I will keep the commandments of my God. 90. Thy faithfulness is unto all genera- 116. Uphold me according unto thy word, tions; thou hast established the earth, and it that I may live: and let me not be ashamed abideth.
ll of my hope.
: 117. Hold thou me up, and I shall be hold on me; yet thy commandments are my safe: and I will have respect unto thy sta- delights. tutes continually.
144. The righteousness of thy testimonies 118. Thou hast trodden down all them is everlasting: give me understanding, and that err from thy statutes: for their deceit I shall live. is falsehood.
119. Thou puttest away all the wicked 145: I cried with my whole heart; bear of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy
ine, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes. testimonies.
146. I cried unto thee; save me, and I 120. My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; || shall keep thy testimonies. and I am afraid of thy judgments.
147. I prevented the dawning of the mornAIN.
ing, and cried : I hoped in thy word. 121, I have done judgment and justice: 148. Mine eyes prevent the night-watches, leave me not to mine oppressors.
that I might meditate in thy word. 122. Be surety for thy servant for good: 149. Hear my voice, according unto thy let not the proud oppress me.
loving-kindness: O LORD, quicken me ac123. Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and cording to thy judgment.. for the word of thy righteousness.
150. They draw nigh that follow after 124. Deal with thy servant according mischief: they are far from thy law. unto thy mercy, and teach me thy statutes. | 151. Thou art near, O LORD; and all
125. I am thy servant, give me under thy commandments are truth. standing, that I may know thy testimonies. | 152. Concerning thy testimonies, I have
126. It is time for thee, LORD, to work; known of old that thou hast founded them for they have made void thy law.
for ever. 127. Therefore I love thy commandments
RESH. above gold, yea, above fine gold.
153. Consider mine affliction, and deliver 128. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts | me; for I do not forget thy law. concerning all things to be right; and I hate
154. Plead my cause, and deliver me: every false way.
quicken me according to thy word. De
155. Salvation is far from the wicked : ' 129. Thy testimonies are wonderful: there for they seek not thy statutes. fore doth my soul keep them.
| 156. Great are thy tender mercies, O 130. The entrance of thy words giveth || LORD; quicken me according to thy judg- · light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. | ments.
131. I opened my mouth, and panted: for | 157. Many are my persecutors and mine I longed for thy commandments.
enemies; yet do I not decline from thy tes132. Look thou upon me, and be merci- || timonies. ful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those 158. I beheld the transgressors, and was that love thy name.
| grieved ; because they kept not thy word. · 133. Order my steps in thy word: and 159. Consider how I love thy precepts: let not any iniquity have dominion over me. quicken me, O Lord, according to thy lov
134. Deliver me from the oppression of ing-kindness. man: so will I keep thy precepts.
160.' Thy word is true from the begin135. Make thy face to shine upon thy ning: and every one of thy righteous judgservant; and teach me thy statutes. ments endureth for ever. 136. Rivers of waters run down mine
SCHIN. eyes, because they keep not thy law.
| 161. Princes have persecuted me without "TSADDI.
a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of 137. Righteous art thou, O LORD, and thy word. upright are thy judgments.
162. I rejoice at thy word, as one that 138. Thy testimonies that thou hast com- findeth great spoil. manded are righteous and very faithful. ' 163, I hate and abhor lying; but thy law
139. My zeal hath consumed me: because do I love. mine enemies have forgotten thy words. 164. Seven times a day do I praise thee:
140. Thy word is very pure: therefore because of thy righteous judgments. thy servant loveth it.
| 165. Great peace have they which love 141. I am small and despised; yet do not thy law: and nothing shall offend them. I forget thy precepts.
166. LORD, I have hoped for thy salva142, Thy righteousness is an everlasting tion, and done thy commandments. righteousness, and thy law is the truth. 167. My soul hath kept thy testimonies; 143. Trouble and anguish have taken I and I love them exceedingly.
168. I have kept thy precepts and thy |
PSALM CXXII. testimonies : for all my ways are before David professeth his joy for the church, and prayeth therefor. thee.
A Song of Degrees of David.
1. I WAS glad when they said unto 169. Let my cry come near before thee, O L I me, Let us go into the house of the Lord: give me understanding according to LORD. thy word.
1 2. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O 170. Let my supplication come before Jerusalem. thee : deliver me according to thy word. 3. Jerusalem is builded as a city that is
171. My lips shall utter praise, when thou compact together : hast taught me thy statutes.
1 4. Whither the tribes go up, the tribes 172. My tongue shall speak of thy word : of the Lord, unto the testimony of Is. for all thy commandments are righteousness. rael, to give thanks unto the name of the
173. Let thy hand help me: for I have LORD. chosen thy precepts.
5. For there are set thrones of judgment, · 174. I have longed for thy salvation, O || the thrones of the house of David. Lord; and thy law is my delight.
6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they 175. Let my soul live, and it shall praise | shall prosper that love thee. thee; and let thy judgments help me. 7. Peace be within thy walls, and pros
176. I have gone astray like a lost sheep: | perity within thy palaces. seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy 1 8. For my brethren and companions'sakes,. commandments.
I will now say, Peace be within thee.
9. Because of the house of the LORD our David prayeth against Doeg, and reproveth his tongue. || God I will seek thy good. A Song of Degrees.
PSALM CXXIII. 11. TN my distress I cried unto the LORD,
The godly profess their confidence in God. 1 and he heard me.
A Song of Degrees. 2. Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying I 1. TINTO thee lift 1 up mine eves, 0 lips, and from a deceitful tongue..
U thou that dwellest in the heavens. 3. What shall be given unto thee, or 2. Behold, as the eves of servants Look what shall be done unto thee, thou false unto the hand of their masters, and as the tongue?
eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mis4. Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals
tress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our of juniper.
God, until that he have mercy upon us. 5. Wo is me that I sojourn in Mesech,
3. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly 6. My soul hath long dwelt with him
| filled with contempt. that hateth peace.
4. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the 7. I am for peace: but, when I speak, I scoming of thos
scorning of those that are at ease, and with they are for war.
the contempt of the proud. PSALM CXXI.
PSALM CXXIV. The safety of the godly, who put their trust in God's protection,
The church blesseth God for a miraculous deliverance. A Song of Degrees.
A Song of Degrees of David. 1. I WILL lift up mine eyes unto the hills, 1. TF it had not been the Lord who was Į 1 from whence cometh my help.
I on our side, now may Israel say; 12. My help cometh from the LORD, which 2. If it had not been the LORD who was į made heaven and earth.
on our side, when men rose up against us; 3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: 3. Then they had swallowed us up quick, he that keepeth thee will not slumber. when their wrath was kindled against us:
4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall | 4. Then the waters had overwhelmed us, neither slumber nor sleep.
the stream had gone over our soul: 5. The Lord is thy keeper; the LORD is 5. Then the proud waters had gone over thy shade upon thy right hand.
our soul. 6. The sun shall not smite thee by day, 6. Blessed be the Lord, who hath not nor the moon by night.
given us as a prey to their teeth. : 7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all 7. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the evil : he shall preserve thy soul.
snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, 8. The LORD shall preserve thy going and we are escaped. out, and thy coming in, from this time forth,|| 8. Our help is in the name of the LORD, and even for evermore.
Tl who made heaven and earth.
ace: but, when I si hled with co