« PreviousContinue »
27. And whosoever toucheth those things I 9. And Aaron shall bring the goat upon shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, which the Lord's lot fell, and offer him for and bathe himself in water, and be uncleana sin-offering: until the even.
10. But the goat, on which the lot sell to 28. But if she be cleansed of her issue, be the scape-goat, shall be presented alive then she shall number to herself seven before the LORD, to make an atonement days, and after that she shall be clean. || with him, and to let him go for a scape
29. And on the eighth day she shall take goat into the wilderness. unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, 11. And Aaron shall bring the bullock and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the sin-offering which is for himself, and of the tabernacle of the congregation. shall make an atonement for himself, and
30. And the priest shall offer the one for for his house, and shall kill the bullock of a sin-offering, and the other for a burnt- the sin-offering which is for himself. offering; and the priest shall make an 12. And he shall take a censer full of atonement for her before the LORD, for the burning coals of fire from off the altar before issue of her uncleanness.
the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense 31. Thus shall ye separate the children | beaten small, and bring it within the vail. of Israel from their uncleanness, that they 13. And he shall put the incense upon die not in their uncleanness, when they the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of defile my tabernacle that is among them. the incense may cover the mercy-seat that
32. This is the law of him that hath an is upon the testimony, that he die not: issue, and of him whose seed goeth from 14, And he shall take of the blood of the him, and is defiled therewith;
bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon And of her that is sick of her flowers, the mercy-seat eastward:, and before the and of him that hath an issue, of the man, || mercy-seat shall he sprinkle of the blood and of the woman, and of him that lieth | with his finger seven times. with her which is unclean.
15. Then shall he kill the goat of the sinCHAP. XVI.
offering, that is for the people, and bring his 3 How the high priest must enter into the holy place. || blood within the vail, and do with that blood 20 The scape-goat. 29 The yearly feast of the expiations.
as he did with the blood of the bullock, and 1. AND the LORD spake unto Moses after sprinkle it upon the mercy-seat, and before
A the death of the two sons of Aaron, the mercy-seat. when they offered before the LORD, and died; || 16. And he shall make an atonement for
2. And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak the holy place, because of the uncleanness unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at of the children of Israel, and because of all times into the holy place within the vail, their transgressions in all their sins: and so before the mercy-seat which is upon the ark, shall he do for the tabernacle of the conthat he die not: for I will appear in the gregation that remaineth among them in the cloud upon the mercy-seat.
midst of their uncleanness. 3. Thus shall Aaron come into the holy 17. And there shall be no man in the taplace; With a young bullock for a sin-offer bernacle of the congregation when he goeth ing, and a ram for a burnt-offering.
in to make an atonement in the holy place, 4. He shall put on the holy linen coat, and until he come out, and have made an atonehe shall have the linen breeches upon his ment for himself, and for his household, and flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, for all the congregation of Israel. and with the linen mitre shall he be attired : 1) 18. And he shall go out unto the altar that these are holy garments; therefore shall he is before the LORD, and make an atonement wash his flesh in water, and so put them on. || for it; and shall take of the blood of the bul
5. And he shall take of the congregation of lock, and of the blood of the goat, and put the children of Israel two kids of the goats for || it upon the horns of the altar round about. a sin-offering, and one ram for a burnt-offering. 19. And he shall sprinkle of the blood
6. And Aaron shall offer his bullock of | upon it with his finger seven times, and the sin-offering which is for himself, and make | cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanan atonement for himself, and for his house. ness of the children of Israel.
7. And he shall take the two goats, and 20. And when he hath made an end of present them before the LORD at the door reconciling the holy place, and the taberof the tabernacle of the congregation. nacle of the congregation, and the altar, he
8. And Aaron shall cast lots upon the shall bring the live goat: two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the 21. And Aaron shall lay both his hands other lot for the scape-goat.
ll upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of | a year. And he did as the LORD comIsrael, and all their transgressions in all | manded Moses. their sins, putting them upon the head of
CHAP, XVII. the goat and shall send him away by the | 1 The blood of all slain beasts must be offered to the Lord.
7 They must not offer to devils. 10 Ad eating of blood is hand of a fit man into the wilderness.
forbidden. 22. And the goat shall bear upon him all || 1. A ND the LORD spake unto Moses, their inquities unto a land not inhabited : and A saying, ne shall let go the goat in the wilderness. 2. Speak unto Aaron, and unto his sons,
23. And Aaron shall come into the ta- | and unto all the children of Israel, and say bernacle of the congregation, and shall put unto them, This is the thing which the of the linen garments which he put on || LORD hath commanded, saying, when he went into the holy place, and shall || 3. What man soever there be of the house leave them there:
of Israel that killeth an ox, or lamb, or 24. And he shall wash his flesh with wa-goat, in the camp, or that killeth it out of ter in the holy place,and put on bis garments, the camp, and come forth, and offer his burnt-offering, 4. And bringeth it not unto the door of and the burnt-offering of the people, and make the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an atonement for himself, and for the people. an offering unto the Lord, before the taber| 25. And the fat of the sin-offering shall || nacle of the LORD, blood shall be imputed be burn upon the altar.
unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that 26. And he that let go the goat for the man shall be cut off from among his people: scape-goat, shall wash bis clothes, and 5. To the end that the children of Israel bathe his flesh in water, and afterward may bring their sacrifices, which they offer come into the camp.
in the open field, even that they may bring · 27. And the bullock for the sin-offering, them unto the LORD, unto the door of the and the goat for the sin-offering, whose blood | tabernacle of the congregation unto the was brought in to make atonement in the priest, and offer them for peace-offerings holy place, shall one carry forth without the unto the LORD. Camp; and they shall burn in the fire their 6. And the priest shall sprinkle the blood skins, and their flesh, and their dung. upon the altar of the Lord, at the door of the ... 29. And he that burneth them shall wash | tabernacle of the congregation, and burn his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and the fat for a sweet savour unto the LORD. afterward he shall come into the camp. | 7. And they shall no more offer their sa
29. [ And this shall be a statute for evercrifices unto devils, after whom they have unto you, that in the seventh month, on the gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your ever unto them throughout their generations. souls, and do no work at all, whether it be | 8. And thou shalt say unto them, Whatone of your own country, or a stranger that soever man there be of the house of Israel, or sojourneth among you.
1 of the strangers which sojourn among you, 3. For on that day shall the priest make that offereth a burnt-offering or sacrifice, au atonement for you, to cleanse you, that | 9. And bringeth it not unto the door of e may be clean from all your sins before the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer
it unto the LORD, even that man shall be l. It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, cut off from among his people. 1 ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute 10. 1 And whatsoever man there be of the
house of Israel, or of the strangers that so2. And the priest, whom he shall anoint, || journ among you, that eateth any manner whom he shall consecrate to minister l of blood, I will even set my face against that e priest's office in his father's stead, soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off
make the atonement, and shall put on from among his people. We linen clothes, even the holy garments :
11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood; 33, And hech
d he shall make an atonement for and I have given it to you upon the altar,
sanctuary, and he shall make an | to make an atonement for your souls: for me for the tabernacle of the congre- || it is the blood that maketh an atonement
for the altar; and he shall make for the soul.
nt for the priests, and for all the 12. Therefore I said unto the children of the Congregation.
of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, 18 shall be an everlasting statute neither shall any stranger that sojourneth !", hake an atonement for the l among you eat blood.
ael, for all their sins, once || 13. And whatsoever man there be of the
34. And this shall be an unto you, to m ake an children of Israel, for a
children of Israel, or of the strangers that | 13. Thou shalt not uncover the naked. sojourn among you, which hunteth, and ness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy catcheth any beast or fowl that may be mother's near kinswoman. eaten; he shall even pour out the blood 14. Thou shalt not uricover the nakedthereof, and cover it with dust.
|| ness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not 14. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood approach to his wife: she is thine aunt. of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said 15. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedunto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the ness of thy daughter-in-law: she is thy son's blood of no manner of flesh : for the life of wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. all flesh is the blood thereof; whosoever | 16. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedeateth it shall be cut off.
ness of thy brother's wise: it is thy bro| 15. And every soul that eateth that which ther's nakedness. died of itself, or that which was torn with 17. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedbeasts, whether it be one of your own country, ness of a woman and her daughter, neither or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her and bathe himself in water, and be unclean daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakeduntil the even; then shall he be clean.
ness; for they are her near kinswomen : it 16. But if he wash them not, nor bathe is wickedness. his flesh, then he shall bear his iniquity. | 18. Neither shalt thou take a wife to her CHAP. XVIII.
sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, 1 Unlawful marriages. 19 Unlawful lusts. besides the other in her life-time. 1. AND the LORD spake unto Moses, | 19. 1 Also, thou shalt not approach unto saying,
a woman, to uncover her nakedness, as long 2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and as she is put apart for her uncleanness. say unto them, I am the LORD your God. 20. Moreover, thou shalt not lie carnally
3. After the doings of the land of Egypt, with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and af- | with her. ter the doings of the land of Canaan, whi | 21. And thou shalt not let any of thy ther I bring you, shall ye not do; neither seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I 4. Ye shall do my judgments, and keep | am the LORD. mine ordinances, to walk therein: 1 am the 22. Thou shalt not lie with mankind as LORD your God.
with womankind; it is abomination. 5. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes 23. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast, and my judgments; which if a man do, he to defile thyself therewith ; neither shall any shall live in them: I am the LORD.
woman stand before a beast to lie down 6. None of you shall approach to any | thereto : it is confusion. that is near of kin to him, to uncover their 24. Defile not you yourselves in any of nakedness: I am the LORD.
these things : for in all these the nations are 7. The nakedness of thy father, or the defiled which I cast out before you : nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not un- 25. And the land is defiled: therefore I cover: she is thy mother ; thou shalt not do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the uncover her nakedness.
land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. 3. The nakedness of thy father's wife 26. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's and my judgments, and shall not commit nakedness.
any of these abominations; neither any of 9. The nakedness of thy sister, the daugh- your own nation, nor any stranger that soter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, journeth among you; whether she be born at home, or born abroad, 27. (For all these abominations have the even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover. men of the land done, which were before . 10. The nakedness of thy son's daughter, you, and the land is defiled ;) or of thy daughter's daughter, even their 28. That the land spew not you out also nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs when ye defile it, as it spewed out the nais thine own nakedness.
tions that were before you. 11. The nakedness of thy father's wife's || 29. For whosoever shall commit any of :: daughter, begotten of thy father, (she is thy | these abominations, even the souls that sister,) thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. commit them shall be cut off from among
12. Thou shalt not uncover the naked- | their people. ness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's || 30." Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinear kinswoman.
li nance, that ye commit not any one of these
abominable customs, which were committed || thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. before you, and that ye defile not yourselves 18. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any therein: I am the LORD your God.
grudge against the children of thy people, CHAP. XIX.
but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: A repetition of sundry laws.
I am the LORD. AND the LORD spake unto Moses, 19. Ye shall keep my statutes.' Thou 1 saying,
shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse 2 Speak unto all the congregation of the kind. Thou shalt not sow thy field with children of Israel, and say umto them, Ye| mingled seed; neither shall a garment minshall be holy : for I the LORD your God gled of linen and woollen come upon thee. am holy.
20. And whosoever lieth carnally with a 3. Ye shall fear every man his mother, woman that is a bondmaid, betrothed to a and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I om husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freethe LORD your God.
|dom given her, she shall be scourged: they 4. Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to shall not be put to death, because she was yourselves molten gods; I am the LORD not free. your God.
21. And he shall bring his trespass-offer5. And if ye offer a sacrifice of peace-ing unto the Lord, unto the door of the offerings unto the LORD, ye shall offer it at tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram your own will.
|| for a trespass-offering. 6. It shall be eaten the same day ye offer 22. And the priest shall make an atoneit, and on the morrow : and if aught remainment for him, with the ram of the trespassimtil the third day, it shall be burnt in the fire. || offering, before the Lord, for his sin which
7 And if it be eaten at all on the third day, he hath done: and the sin which he hath it is abominable; it shall not be accepted. done shall be forgiven him.
8. Therefore every one that eateth it shall 23. And when ye shall come into the bear his iniquity, because he hath profaned | land, and shall have planted all manner the hallowed thing of the LORD; and that of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit soul shall be cut off from among his people. thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall
9. And when ye reap the harvest of your it be as uncircumcised unto you ; it shall not land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners be eaten of. of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the 24. But in the fourth, year all the fruit gleanings of thy harvest.
thereof shall be holy, to praise the LORD 10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, withal. neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy 25. And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the and stranger: I am the LORD your God. increase thereof: I am the LORD your God.
11. Ye shall not steal, neither deal false- 26. Ye shall not eat any thing with the ly, neither lie one to another.
blood; neither shall ye use enchantment, 12. And ye shall not swear by my name nor observe times. falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name 27. Ye shall not round the corners of of thy God: I am the LORD.
your heads, neither shalt thou mar the cor13. Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, ners of thy beard. neither rob him: the wages of him that is | 28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in hired shall not abide with thee all night until your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks the morning.
upon you: I am the LORD. 14. Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put 29. Do not prostitute thy daughter, to a stumbling-block before the blind, but shalt cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall fear thy God: I am the LORD.
to whoredom, and the land become full of 15. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in | wickedness. judgment: thou shalt not respect the person 30. Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reof the poor, nor honour the person of the verence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou | 31. Regard not them that have familiar judge thy neighbour.
spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be de16. Thou shalt not go up and down as a filed by them: I am the LORD your God. tale-bearer among thy people; neither shalt | 32. Thou shalt rise up before the hoary thou stand against the blood of thy neigh-head, and honour the face of the old man, bour: I am the Lord.
and fear thy God: I am the Lord. 17. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in 33. And if a stranger sojourn with thec thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebukell in your land, ye shall not vex him.
| be ea. But in be holy •
until | upon you, not prowhore
14. mbling-blocking the LORD teous
statutes Theres Egypt which
34. But the stranger that dwelleth with || kedness: both of them shall surely be put to you shall be unto you as one born among || death: their blood shall be upon them. you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for 12. And if a man lie with his daughter. ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I in-law, both of them shall surely be put to am the LORD your God.
death: they have wrought confusion; their 35. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in blood shall be upon them. judgment, in mete-yard, in weight, or in 13. If a man also lie with mankind as he measure. 1 i
| lieth with a woman, both of them have com36. Just balances, just weights, a just mitted an abomination: they shall surely ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am be put to death; their blood shall be upon the LORD your God, which brought you out them. of the land of Egypt.
14. And if a man take a wife and her 37. Therefore shall ye observe all my mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt statutes, and all my judgments, and do with fire, both he and they; that there be no them: I am the LORD.,
wickedness among you. CHAP. XX.
15. And if a man lie with a beast, he 6 Of going to wizards. 7 Of sanctification. 9 Of him that shall surely be put to death; and ye shall curseth his parents. 10 Of aduliery. 11, 14, 17, 19 Of || incest. 13 Of sodomy. 15 Of bestiality.
slay the beast. AND the Lord spake unto Moses, 16. And if a woman approach unto any A saying,
beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill 2. Again, thou shalt say to the children the woman and the beast: they shall surely be of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children put to death ; their blood shall be upon them. of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn 17. And if a man shall take his sister, his in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, Molech, he shall surely be put to death; the and see her nakedness, and she see his people of the land shall stone him with stones. nakedness, it is a wicked thing; and they
3. And I will set my face against that shall be cut off in the sight of their peo. man, and will cut him off from among his ple: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedpeople; because he hath given of his seedness; he shall bear his iniquity. unto Molech, to defile me sanctuary, and to 18. And if a man shall lie with a woman profane my holy name.
having her sickness, and shall uncover her 4. And if the people of the land do any nakedness, he hath discovered her fountain, ways hide their eyes from the man, when and she hath uncovered the fountain of her he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill blood; and both of them shall be cut off him not;
from among their people. 5. Then I will set my face against that | 19. And thou shalt not uncover the naman, and against his family, and will cut kedness of thy mother's sister, nor of thy him off, and all that go a whoring after him, | father's sister; for he uncovereth his near to commit whoredom with Molech, from || kin: they shall bear their iniquity. among their people.
20. And if a man shall lie with his un6. And the soul that turneth after such cle's wife, he hath uncovered his uncle's as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they to go a whoring after them, I will even set shall die childless. my face against that soul, and will cut him 21. And if a man shall take his brother's off from among his people.
wise, it is an unclean thing; he hath unco7. Sanctify yourselves, therefore, and be vered his brother's nakedness: they shall be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. childless.
8. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do 22. Ye shall therefore keep all my stathem: I am the LORD which sanctify you. tutes, and all my judgments, and do them ;
9. For every one that curseth his father that the land, whither I bring you to dwell or his mother shall be surely put to death: therein, spew you not out. he hath cursed his father or his mother; his 23. And ye shall not walk in the manners blood shall be upon him.
of the nations which I cast out before you: 10. And the man that committeth adul- for they committed all these things, and tery with another man's wife, even he that therefore I abhorred them. committeth adultery with his neighbour's 24. But I have said unto you, Ye shall wise, the adulterer and the adulteress shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto surely be put to death.
you to possess it, a land that floweth with 11. And the man that lieth with his fa- milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, ther's wife hath uncovered his father's na- \ which have separated you from other people