« PreviousContinue »
ACCOUNT of the Sum Expended, compared with the Sum Granted, to meet the Deficiency of Income from Fees. &c.( for the requirements of the Board Of Trade, under the Bankruptcy Acts of 1883 and 1890, and The Companies (WiNDiNG-up) Act, 1890, in the Year ended 31st March 1906, showing the Surplus or Deficit upon each Sub-Head of the Vote.
BANKRUPTCY DEPARTMENT OF THE BOARD OF TRADE.
REPORT OF THE COMPTROLLER AND AUDITOR GENERAL.
1. Expenditure in excess Heads E. 1, G. 1, and J. 1.
of the Estimate has taken place under Sub
2. A new Sub-Head, "Losses incurred through payment in error," has been introduced into the Account with Treasury sanction for the purpose of recording a payment of 601. 9s. 8d. made to the wrong person through an oversight. It is understood that it has not been possible up to the present to take any steps for the recovery of the money, as the person to whom it was paid has left the country.
Debit 3. Certain debit balances of Estates Accounts, which have arisen through insufficiency
Balances on of assets, have been written off with the sanction of the Treasury, as irrecoverable, and Estates. charged as follows:—
4. The unexpended Parliamentary Grant to be surrendered to the Exchequer is 81. The Treasury advance from Revenue exceeded the actual expenditure by 1,2191. 10s. Qd., and this amount will have to be repaid to that Department or otherwise adjusted.
5. Appended to this Report is a Statement (A) which has been made up in my Department, showing that the total amount received in the year in respect of proceedings in Bankruptcy and Companies Liquidation, and for dividends on Funds invested, was 166.737J. 9s. 7d.
Additional 6. From the appended Statements, furnished by the Treasury, it appears that, in Expenditure addition to the expenditure shown in the Account for 1904-5, expenses in connection Votes of w^k Bankruptcy proceedings and with Companies administration, amounting to Parliament 61,0192. 15s. Id. and 8,2231. 13s. Id. respectively, were charged against other Votes of
y Parliament in that year.
ff-£ In respect of the first of these amounts a net sum of 26,8591. 2s. 4d. is shown in the Statement as payable to the Exchequer, and this, together with the above-mentioned sum of 8,223i. 13s. Id., has been duly paid over.
Statements of Annual
7. Two further Statements compiled in my Department are appended, showing the Receipteand ^eceipts mto> an<^ Payments out of, the Bankruptcy Fees and the Companies (WindingPayments. up) Act Fees Accounts respectively, during the year ended 31st March 1906, and the balances in the hands of the Paymaster General on that date.
John A. Kempe,
Vote 10.—Bankruptcy Department Of The Board Of Trade—continued.
Statements referred to in the foregoing Report.
I. Under Bankruptcy Acts—
(a)—Fees certified by the Inspector-General in Bankruptcy
(b)—Other Receipts by the Board of Trade
iFees collected by the Inland Revenue Department by means of Stamps
.Dividends on Funds invested by the Treasury under Section 76 of the
II.—Under Companies (Winding-up) Act—
(«)—Fees certified by the Inspector-General in Bankruptcy
(6)—Other Receipts by the Board of Trade
;Fees collected by the Inland Revenue Department by means of Stamps
^Dividends on Funds invested by the Treasury under Section 16 of the